Thursday 13 May 2004

There was such thick fog driving to work this morning. I love weather! I love storms, heavy rain, strong wind, hot summer, any weather which shows the extremes of what our climate can do. I love the power in it and it reminds me that I am so small and God is so big. The earth and all the natural processes which are happening will continue on despite what is happening in my life. It helps me to keep things in perspective when it is so easy to become self abosorbed.

It also reminds me of all the people whose livelyhoods depend on the weather and no matter how much hard work they do they never have full control of the end results of their efforts. Often I try so hard to keep everything in control, a friend recently told me that I like to have all my ducks in a row. However, where weather is concerned even the best predictions are often wrong and we just have to be prepared to accept and work with whatever happens.

Thanks God for teaching things through what I see around me everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment