Wednesday 16 November 2005

I'm bored! (imagine a teenage whine!). How can I possibly be bored? I have a new job for next year. I don't know if I have told you that actually. I am really excited about it. It is still teaching but in a school which I think will fit with who I am and what I care about more than where I am now. So that should be exciting, and it is but I still feel bored.

I think it is because this year feels done, and slightly overcooked. I am ready for 2007 to begin and I am feeling rather impatient. Also the work I am doing at the moment I will not see put into practise next year so it feels like paperwork for the sake of paperwork.

Symptomatic of my boredom has been crazy explorations on the internet. Yesterday I searched for homes to buy, knowing that buying a home is at least 2 years away. I also found a great website for travelling round Europe on a budget. I have no idea if we can actually afford to go and if we really want to but my feet are definitely itchy.

What do you do if you have an itch you can't scratch and the things that were making you excited one morning just don't? My usual way of dealing with it is starting too many projects, saying yes to people and then as the mania reaches a pek, colapsing in a heap from exhaustion. So I will try not to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment