Wednesday 10 November 2004

Yesterday I had a bit of a reality check. My Dad had a "bit of a turn" which truned out not to be too serious but could have been. I t made me think about the fact that I am at the age where my relationship with my parents is starting to turn. Most of my childhood I took the existence and immortality of my parents as a given. Now I am at the age where our relationship is more equal. I am independent from them in most ways and and we are sharing adulthood together. But when I think about my Mum's relationship with my Poppa, as he has grown older he has become more dependent on his children.

I guess it is a natural part of growing up but it again highlights for me the fact that you don't know how wonderful something is until you can see you will lose it. The security and stability of my childhood is something I cannot take for granted. I have had the privilege of being able to depend on my parents and I hope they will be able to depend on me when they need to.

2 comments:

  1. Wheeeeeeeee!!!!! Well done:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry! that was supposed to be well done on getting the comments up and running!

    ReplyDelete