Thursday 19 February 2004

Here's another "I've been thinking"! Yesterday I was struck by the fact that I really don't like competition. I would love to beleive people are promoted and rewarded on the their own merits not because of what they do to others or how they manipulate to get what they want. Last might someone told me "there are no nice people in the worls". There point being that you have to stop being so naive and start fighting for what you want. I refuse to believe that despite the fact that many people are not very nice. I refuse to believe it because of what it does to my hope and faith in other people. Sometimes I would rather just roll over and let someone else win. How do you find a balance between knowing you are the best for a job or want the opportunity and getting involved in underhanded behaviour?

No comments:

Post a Comment