Wednesday 18 February 2004

Change. I have been thinking about that a bit over the last few years. Change is normal I have decided but for the first 18 years of my life I have had very little change in the my life. My only move was ten doors down the street. I went to one primary school and then one secondary school. University was a change but I didn't move out of home until I started working full time 2 years ago. I am the oldest so the only other chnage in my family was my sister going away to University. Sometimes I yearn for the good old days when everything was predictable and you could have 5 year blocks where not much happened.

Usually I am envigorated by change but I think I nearing change overload at the moment. My sister has just got married. There are 8 weeks till my own wedding. I am moving again and a large number of my friends have moved overseas or are getting married themselves. I am realising that life will never again be as it was when I was five and school and play lunches stretched out before me.

I guess I just want a still and quiet life for a while. Maybe I need to reevaluate my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment