One thing which helps is reading other womens' stories. I read a great post about this on this blog - beyond postpartum. It made me think about what I love to do which gives my mind a rest from all the self analysis and 'doing'.
So here's the list:
- play with Ella - but not think about the other things I could be doing.
- watch a film
- watch good t.v
- Martin Clune's Horsepower - TV One Sunday 7:30pm who wouldn't love a doco about horses?
- Offspring - TV One Sunday 8:30pm drama comedy about obstetrician with anxiety disorder and dysfunctional but likeable family. Lots of voice over narration and quirky animation, fantasy sequences. So good I even stay up late for it!
- Packed to the Rafters - TV One Wednesday 8:30pm definitely my favourite show on TV.
- Go Girls - TV Two Thursday 8:30pm. Hilarious and really likeable characters.
- Super City - TV Three 10:30pm so late it is silly but so funny and thoughtful. Madeline Sami plays 6 different characters from a Iranian taxi driver to a fitness instructor in denial about her sexuality. Great story lines and an amazing performance.