Tuesday 1 February 2011

I am truly blessed

When I started blogging years ago it was really just for me. Over the years I have been very inconsistent with my writing but since I became a Mum, blogging has become a way for me to process my experiences and clarify my thoughts. I often think about what I want to write about and get frustrated when I forget an idea or don't have time or energy to write. As I have begun to share more and more of my personal and sometimes private journey it has felt really risky but also very freeing.

Since my recent posts about my continuing battle with depression and how to take care of myself, I have been overwhelmed by love, support and care from so many people. I have received messages from so many friends from all over the country and the world. I have had messages of support, empathy and some really amazing advice. I feel surrounded by such a generous community of people who take time out of their busy days to read and to respond.

I truly believe it is not a coincidence that at a time when I should feel isolated and alone in my crazy head, I actually feel like I am part of a web of support. It is also really encouraging to have so much positive feedback about my writing. For someone who thrives on affirmation and struggles with insecurity about my abilities you do not know the immense value of your comments and compliments.

I think it is common for people to believe that blogging is self indulgent and pretty much a waste of time. But for me it is the most profound therapy and a joy to me. And it seems that others are benefiting from me sharing my story, even though I have no idea where the plot is going. It really brings new meaning to the phrase " lost the plot". (That really is unforgivable ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment