So late last night when I was awake and thinking I decided to go with my idealism. To not let cynicism and age creep in and kill the dream. I had been thinking during the day about doing some sewing and getting a hair cut and not buying lots of new stuff. And usually I let those late night flights of fancy disappear in the morning. But not today.
So my hope for the next year - July 2010 to July 2011 is to shop consciously.
So I am going to try to avoid buying things new and aim to buy as much second hand as possible.
If I have to buy new then purchases should be:
- New Zealand made
- of if not ethical/fairtrade/sustainable
I guess I figure that if I can't live up to my own ideals then I can't be disappointed that I don't see those ideals around me.
Current purchasing projects on the go:
- dinner set made up of retro eclectic crockery
- wool pants and some bigger clothes for Ella
- spare room being set up with crafty stuff at my finger tips.
- got a book on sewing baby stuff out of the library and hope to do some holiday projects.