Wednesday 14 April 2010

Coming Out

I have been posting very infrequently because I have been wrestling with why I am blogging at all and who this is for. I often have ideas of things I would like to write about but auto censor what I think because I don't want people to know my real opinions or I don't want people to be offended. Also most of the things I want to post about are to do with my life as a Mum. And I am self conscious about appearing as if all I think about is being a Mum.

So after much thought and some courage I have decided to come out of the closet, in a way. My blog is not read by many people if anyone and I am sick of editing myself. So I am going to be honest and say how my life really is. Being a new parent makes me particularly sensitive about saying "this is how it should be done" and to causing tension in my friendships. But I also think I have to be true to myself.

I am not ashamed of what I think and the decisions I make. So I need to stop acting like I am. It is sad that we live in a society which seems to have one right way of being as parents and anything else is wierd or downright dangerous.

So hopefully in the next wee while I will gain the confidence to be honest but not be insensitive toward others. I still write in the hope that someone, somewhere gets something out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment