Tuesday 7 October 2008

Avoidance techniques

I am a bit of a procrastinator. Hence me writing this now rather than doing marking...Any way, I often procrastinate for emotional reasons. It is not as if the thing I am avoiding it even very bad or hard, but for some reason I have an emotional block about it. I just don't want to go there. Sometimes I do the same thing to God. I avoid Him because I have some feelings and thoughts I just don't want to deal with or own up to and because I have the feeling that He might expect me to deal with them and challenge me on my thinking. But every time I push through the desire to avoid I am so pleasantly suprised but how God transforms the situation, often just be helping me see it in a different way or reminding me that I can trust Him. I have a list as long as my arm of things I am avoiding dealing with right now and I just need the courage to own up to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment