Tuesday 2 August 2005

This week at church I was really challenged by the sermon. It was about community and the way the work is often bandied around but that real community is often difficult to find. One of the ideas we were encouraged to consider was to operate from week to week using the principles of BELS.
Bless - try to be a blessing to others, in specific ways and not just for people in your church.
Eat - try to share food with people at least 3 times a week. This could include a coffee, not just a three course meal.
Learn - be open to learning something new each week.
Send - each week at church consciously send each other into the week as a light and hope to others.

I found these ideas really encouraging, especially since in my present state of mind it easy to become addicted to naval gazing. I am realising that I am quite an action atations person, at least at this time in my life. I want to see things happen and change and I don't want to just talk about it. The tricky thing is wandering where on earth the energy for all this hope will come from.

So God close the gap between what I hope for and what I feel I can do. Move me towards hope and reality and away from dispair and apathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment